Bharat Interface for Money mobile app was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India and is based on the United Payment Interface. Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 30th December 2016, the aims to facilitate e-payments directly through banks as part of the drive towards cashless transactions.
- Install the app on your smartphone
- Register your bank account on the app.
- Set up a pin for UPI which will act as your login credentials.
- Your mobile number acts a payment address.
- You can register all your bank accounts onto the app.
- To transfer money to someone, select your bank account, choose the mobile number of the recipient from your phone, scan the QR code and send the money.
- You can also check for your account balance
- Fast, secure, reliable, convenient
- Registration of multiple bank accounts
- Still not widely used in rural India
- Not much awareness created for the app
- A few banks do not support it yet
A great app keeping in mind the drive towards Digital India. The per transaction limit is Rs.10,000 and per day limit is Rs.20,000.