Coinbase has kept itself busy lately by launching a developer review of its tool Token.
Coinbase describes Token as a combination of a private, secure messaging app, a mobile browser for Ethereum apps and an Ethereum wallet. The objective of Token as per Coinbase is to work like a global, open protocol version similar to India’s PayTM or Kenya’s mPESA.
Features of Token
- Works as a private and secure messaging app
- Used for small value payments and working as an Ethereum wallet (with Ethereum having lesser transaction fees compared to Bitcoin)
- Token creates a reputation system that allows users to build trust among transaction parties
- Available on the Appstore and Playstore.
- Coinbase plans to have financial services provided to those 2 billion people who have a cell phone but don’t have access to a bank account
- Get more exposure to Ethereum technology
- Shift digital currency from being an investment policy to a payment network