At the time of writing this, Kerala is still reeling from the after-effects of flash floods that has brought everything to a stand-still. That however has still not deterred some from celebrating Onam with all its pomp and fervor. One of India’s most revered and loved festivals, Onam also brings with it the promise of a good year and plenty of celebrations. Onam 2018 has already started and go on until August 27th. We wish all our readers a Happy Onam from the Loan Singh team. Day 1 of Onam coincided with Independence Day 2018. Today, let’s take a look at the first 10 days of Onam, and understand its significance.
A festival For Spending
To cater to the 10 days of festivities during Onam, it is obvious that you need a source of funds to celebrate the festival in all its pomp and fervor. Personal loans are unsecured loans that are availed to meet these exact fund requirements. As it is an unsecured loan, it does not require any collateral.
Onam also serves as a great opportunity for shopping. So, if you are wondering how to get the funds to spend on this Onam, we have the perfect solution for that – Loan Singh!
For salaried individuals, to gather up funds to celebrate Onam within a short span of time is possible only through digital means; as traditional banking solutions would take up to weeks to disburse the funds.
For a personal loan, the borrower’s credit worthiness determines if he/she can pay the loan EMIs regularly and, that too, without straining his/her daily living. Your credit report acts like a gauge for Loan Singh. It shows how prompt you have been in your previous credit responsibilities and how trustworthy you are. Loan Singh is perfect because of
No collateral – Having no collateral gives personal loan an advantage over secured loan. Even if you do not own any fixed assets, you can at least get funds from Loan Singh.
Multiple purposes – A personal loan can be availed for a number of purposes such as shopping for Onam, purchase of household appliances, electronic gadgets, used vehicles, holiday travel, home improvement, relocation of job, medical expenses, home renovation, marriage, etc.
Being Loan Singh Eligible
Before you begin the quick and easy application process at Loan Singh, check the following eligibility criteria required for a personal loan.
To avail a personal loan from Loan Singh, you need to be a salaried individual with a monthly salary of minimum Rs.20000.
Loan Singh looks at your credit score to gauge your credit worthiness. A credit worthy borrower is someone who has been prompt in his/her previous loan EMI payments, maintains a good credit utilization ratio, has been paying off his/her credit card bill on time and has never overspent over the credit card limit. If you have never availed of a loan before, you will have no credit history. In that case, you need to be salaried for at least 3 months to be eligible for a loan at Loan Singh. The lower your credit score, the lower your chances of being eligible for a personal loan.
You need to be at least 21 years of age to be considered eligible for availing a personal loan with Loan Singh. As mentioned above, you must be of Indian nationality and a salaried professional as well.
10 Days of Onam 2018
The fun, reverence and frolic for Onam 2018 will continue throughout the 12 days. Let’s look at how the first 10 days of Onam are celebrated.
- Atham is the first day of Onam
- It is a day regarded as holy and auspicious
- People bath early and offer prayers in the temple
- The menu served in breakfast on day-1 remains the same till day-10, as well
- Pookalam (flower arrangement) flower mat is laid in front of the courtyard
- Pookalam is laid-out to welcome the spirit of King Mahabali who is said to visit Kerala at the time of Onam
- In the following days, more designs are added to Pookalam, each day adding a different type of flower
- A grand procession is carried out on the first day to begin the grand carnival of Onam
- Elephants, fork art, music and dancing make the procession a spectacle
- Chithira is the second day of Onam
- Not any marked rituals, but prayers are offered in the mornings
- Planning and discussions for the ‘main Onam’ is done on this day
- Shopping lists are prepared
- It is a day of wish fulfillment for everyone
- Chothi is the third day of Onam
- Frenzied shopping can be witnessed at markets and malls, all over Kerala
- New clothes, accessories, gadgets, electronics, etc. are purchased heavily
- Gifts are bought for loved ones
- Hyped by the media, shopkeepers come-up with insane discounts, offers and incentives to lure in customers
It is important for everyone to have enough funds to purchase whatever they want
- Vishagam is the fourth day of Onam
- Excitement and happiness is palpable across Kerala
- Shopping continues on day-4, as well
- Preparations for the elaborate meal of Onasadya gets underway
- The making of various types of pickles, pappadums, vegetable, sweets are on full swing
- The flower arrangement has grown since the first day
- Women are dressed in their traditional attire singing
- Flower arrangement competition is held across Kerala
- Anizham is the fifth day of Onam
- The key point of this day is the Snake Boat Race event called
- The competition takes place on the banks of river Pamba
- It witnesses a multitude of tourists and visitors from world over
- Smaller snake boat races are held throughout the state
- The boats are decorated and operated by hundreds of oarsmen
- Triketta is the sixth day of Onam
- Cultural programmes and social gatherings are organized across the state
- It marks the home coming for people living away from families
- It is a time of get-together and gift sharing
- Moolam is the seventh day of Onam
- Festive shopping reaches is zenith due to the nearing end
- A year of wait for the coming of Lord Mahabali is almost complete, thereby increasing the joy
- Pooradam is the eighth day of Onam
- Devotees create clay idols in shape of small pyramids
- Each pyramid is decorated with flowers
- The flower mat is almost colossal in size
- More shopping on this day, for those who missed out on the earlier days
- House cleaning for the arrival of Lord Mahabali
- Utradam is the ninth day of Onam
- It is the penultimate day of the festival
- There is jubilation all around as people welcome the spirit of Lord Mahabali
- It is a public holiday on this day
- Some call this as the first day of Onam
- Families come together to bring produce, from their farms, to the eldest member in the gathering
- Everyone then indulges in a sumptuous meal – presented by the elder
- Chants of Onaashmsakal (“To everyone, Onam wishes”) reverberate throughout Kerala
- It is the most important day of the carnival of Onam
- People believe that this is the day that the spirit of King Mahabali visits Kerala
- Activities begin in the morning with prayers; bath and clay models of Lord Vishnu and King Mahabali are prepared in front of the flower mat
- A strictly vegetarian grand feast called Onasadya is prepared
- Consisting of 11-13 mandatory dishes, the Onasadya is served on banana plantains
- The eldest member of the family presents gifts to the family members
- Dances, games, shows, fire crackers, etc. are exhibited across Kerala
About Loan Singh
Loan Singh is a digital lending platform that prides in providing online personal loan or unsecured personal loan to salaried individuals. You can apply for quick funds as an easy emergency loan which is not a bank loan. We provide a loan with the best personal loan interest rates. The instant funds, or instant loans, are loans between Rs.50,000 and Rs.5,00,000 taken for purposes such as:
- Home improvement loan/Home renovation loan
- Marriage loan/ Wedding loan
- Medical loan
- Used vehicle loan
- Consumer durable loan
- Vacation loan
- Debt consolidation loan
- Credit card refinancing loan
- Job relocation loan
- Travel loan
- Festival loan
- Shopping loan
- Lifestyle loan
You can calculate your easy EMIs using our personal loan EMI calculator. We accept bank statement, PAN, and Aadhaar for quick loan approval. A bad credit score or credit report errors can lead to personal loan rejection. The ‘Loan Singh Finance Blog’ is one of the best finance blog in India. Loan Singh is a product of Seynse Technologies Pvt Ltd and is a partner to the Airtel Online Store.
Loan Singh’s Online Presence
Loan Singh is not an anonymous digital platform. We are present on almost all leading social media platforms. All you need to do is look for us. You can find us on Loan Singh Facebook, Loan Singh Twitter, Loan Singh YouTube, Loan Singh Pinterest, Loan Singh Instagram, Loan Singh LinkedIn, Loan Singh Blogarama, Loan Singh Google Review, Loan Singh Medium, Loan Singh Reddit, Loan Singh Tumblr, Loan Singh Scoop It, Loan Singh Storify, Loan Singh Digg and Loan Singh Blogger.